Everyone wants to save on their wedding, but also wants to make sure it looks great, and well, not cheap! So here are a few simple ways to save $$$!
1. Avoid High Season (May-Oct are the most expensive)
2. Make most of your decorations or have them donated to you by other brides who just finished their wedding.
3. Set a budget, and stick to it!
4. Saturdays are the most popular days to have a wedding, and the most expensive. Try a Sunday brunch instead or have your wedding Friday evening.
5. It’s takes some time to do, but compare prices of different vendors. See if you can negotiate a lower price at all with any of them, and then choose the best deal. But don’t forget when you are comparing vendors, you not just comparing their prices, but their quality as well.
6. To have a dream wedding dress doesn’t mean it has to cost you $$$$$. Try hitting thrift stores, bridal warehouses, or even have someone you know make your dress. They’ll probably give you a much better price, or to no cost at all! If it must be a pricy dress then take advantage of bridal store’s layaway option, and pay for your dress monthly.
7. Remember this, through all my extensive research about weddings the most expensive thing you’ll probably have to buy is the caterer. Or, depending on where you wedding is located, the venue. (This does not include the Bride’s choice of dress.)
8. The bride and groom’s cake can be a small, personal thing while have your baker make a sheet cake for the guests in the same flavor as your cake. This will save you some extra money!
9. Go for more green than bloom in your wedding. Or use fake flowers, they look just as nice, and are a lot cheaper!
10. Hand print your invitations or use only one sheet. It’s a small thing, but it still saves you some mula!